ASP.NET Web Developer
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Status: Full time
Location: Portland, Maine or Las Vegas, Nevada
We are looking for an experienced ASP.NET Web Developer
with the knowledge and motivation to help develop future versions of
BiggerCity.com and partner sites. If you are a .NET web developer with strong programming skills
and the desire to work on a very active adult online gay community, we'd like
to hear from you.
The primary responsibilities include working with project
managers to implement features that enhance the overall user experience. Design
and code modules that scale well under heavy traffic. Interface with
graphic designers to assist with front-end development. Perform coding,
debugging and quality testing. The successful applicant will work out of our main Portland, Maine office, or Las Vegas location, during the startup period (6 to 12 months), with the possibility of telecommuting from home in the future.
- 2+ years professional development experience with the .NET
Framework and ASP.NET (Web Forms)
- Ability to design, develop, modify and implement 3-tier web applications using
- Ability to setup debugging environments to correct issues with code.
- Solid Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and relational database knowledge.
- Able to maintain code, including that developed by colleagues.
- Self-motivated problem solver, with clear ownership of scope and timelines.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, and ability to document processes.
- Understanding of how high-volume web traffic can affect coding requirements and approach.
- Knowledge of C#, .NET 4.x libaries, Entity Framework, and MVC.
- Knowledge of mobile web development libraries (jQTouch, jQuery Mobile, Sencha, Titanium).
- Knowledge of web services (ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON/XML).
- Experience with PhotoShop and image editing.
- Knowledge of video encoding and online streaming services (Wowza, FMS) and Flash videos.
- Comfortable with adult content.
BiggerCity.com has an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Immediate company-paid health insurance (for qualifying family members also).
- Dental and eye care.
- Company yearly bonus plan.
- 401(k) with elective match.
- PTO and holiday pay.
- Relocation costs package.
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. Principals only. No third party candidates.
BiggerCity.com members are eligible for a USD $500 referral
bonus for any direct hire! So please share this job posting with
qualifying friends and colleagues who may be interested.
BiggerCity.com is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).