The online community for gay chubs and chasers!
Login

Username:   

Password:   

Citizens
Sections

BiggerCity Mobile App

1 - 11 of 111 of 1
AuthorMessage

17 posts

BiggerCity Mobile App

2/10/2013 8:30 PM

I bought a new iPhone-4S and I can't remember where I picked up the BiggerCity mobile app when I last downloaded it for my iPhone-4. I suspect that it came from a BiggerCity e-blast. If that's the case, I may just be screwed. It's not available in the App Store (not surprisingly). Does anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks,

Hagen O'Brien

17 posts

Re: BiggerCity Mobile App

2/10/2013 8:47 PM

My buddy Brad just saw my post and hooked me up with the answer. Nevermind!

17 posts

2/10/2013 8:51 PM

Webmaster got back to me too. Do these BiggerCity webmasters and developers not ROCK? Here it is for anyone who might ask this question in the future.

Hi,

Saw your forum post. The mobile version we have is a web app, so it is not available on the store. Just open Safari on your iPhone and point it to

http://m.biggercity.com

Then click the "arrow in a box" icon on the bottom, and select "Add to Home Screen".

Regards
Webmasterv

4 posts

2/21/2013 3:25 AM
Updated: 2/21/2013 1:40 PM

Unfortunately it seems http://m.biggercity.com and http://mobile.biggercity.com are only coded to work with certain phones. When I go to either address using my Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro phone running Android 4.0.4 , it tells me "To access the mobile site you need a supported device. Please read this page for more information." When I read that page, it says the mobile platform is still in beta and as far as Android is concerned, only supports Android 2 - which means not much updating has been done since that's well over two versions of Android ago.

Edit: Ahh it seems to work perfectly on the stock browser but not in my browser of choice, which is Dolphin. Should have tried the stock browser first before posting.

Edit again: Awesome thanks to the BC Webmaster. My Dolphin browser was set on 'Desktop' as the User Agent instead of on 'Android'. I changed the setting and Dolphin works fine now with BC mobile.

864 posts

2/21/2013 7:03 PM

I'll go ahead and take this opportunity to say, once again, that I wish BC would make use of the awesome Tapatalk forum browsing app for Android and iOS. They support a bunch of different forum systems, and admins can set it up through their site pretty quickly. Hint hint, nudge nudge Mr. Webmaster. 

4 posts

2/21/2013 7:25 PM

expand
I'll go ahead and take this opportunity to say, once again, that I wish BC would make use of the awesome Tapatalk forum browsing app for Android and iOS. They support a bunch of different forum system...
I use Tapatalk for sites that don't have mobile web versions. But it doesn't make sense to use Tapatalk on sites that do have mobile web versions because all you're doing is adding a "middle man". Why? Why not just go straight to the source without a middle man?

864 posts

2/21/2013 8:17 PM

expand
I use Tapatalk for sites that don't have mobile web versions. But it doesn't make sense to use Tapatalk on sites that do have mobile web versions because all you're doing is adding a "middle man". Why...
I prefer the Tapatalk interface to the BC mobile interface.

1 posts

2/22/2013 10:31 PM

At some point I think Biggercity should get into the app game and have one that's not the mobile web......maybe something that's just like Grindr/Scruff/Growlr.  It'd be cool to have a GPS based type app that's just for chatting with chasers/bigboys.  I already designed the app icon:  Silhouette of a fat dude running with a target or doppler/radar thing in the background.  Eh...it's a start.   

4 posts

11/30/2013 5:38 PM

BC mobile web site needs better navigation. For example, when I click on something, it opens and I view it, and then go to something else from that page, and then on to something else from that page... i have to hit the back button 3, 4 times to get back to the main homepage. There are no navigational links on any of the pages. Something like "HOME" on every single page would be awesome. I'm using HTC One on Android 4.3, using stock browser.

69 posts

12/1/2013 5:20 AM

Alas, since the recent site update, it does not work on my mobile (an Experia which I have only had for a year).

69 posts

12/1/2013 8:21 AM

expand
At some point I think Biggercity should get into the app game and have one that's not the mobile web......maybe something that's just like Grindr/Scruff/Growlr.  It'd be cool to have a GPS based type ...
I was always given to understand that the Apple store wouldn't allow 'adult' apps. Grindr and the like supposedly only get away with it by pretending to be non-sexual dating apps, and heavily censoring their content. The last time I looked, you weren't even allowed to have a profile pic of yourself in swimming shorts on Grindr.

Is it just me that gets a bit hacked off with websites calling their mobile versions 'apps'? It seems to be quite common, but only ends up causing confusion when people go looking in the Apple Store or Google Play, when what they really need is a web address.

1 - 11 of 111 of 1
BearCity 2